dinsdag 24 maart 2009

Human identity, or how we see ourselves, forms a central theme in Chrystl Rijkeboer’s work.

By: Chrystl Rijkeboer

I am trained as an autonomous visual artist. Techniques are subordinate to the work. I try to learn skills, which I need to give my work the expressiveness it needs.
Ive been working with the material 'human hair' for many years. With this material I learned crafts like: felting, spinning, crocheting and knitting. Each time I try to find the limits in possibilities between the material and my ‘story’.

Striking is after years of incomprehension about my way of work, nowadays my work and craft-work in generally is very contemporary. I do believe that by our Western consumer society, products which are made with love, attention and craft skills, are highly appreciated.

The 3 dimensional works, which I spin, knit or crochet, are also processed into photographic- or video works and performances. I feel that works are "finished" after they are linked to the human again. For me it is of great importance to reunite the work on the human level again.

Foto’s: ‘She only wanted a boy’ & Twins_brown’

1 opmerking:

wil jansen zei

wij, A., M, en ik gaan naar je tentoonstelling toe!